- يشتمل المشروع على زراعة أكثر من 7.5 مليون شجرة في كافة أنحاء مدينة الرياض.
- يشمل المشروع على تشجير العناصر التالية:
- 6000 Schools
- 2000 Car parking sites
- 1670 Government facilities
- 390 Healthcare facilities
- 64 Universities
- 16,400 Km Street and Roads
- 1,100 km green belts along utilities lines (Electricity Towers, and Petrol pipelines)
- 272 km valleys
- 175,000 square km of empty land
- 3330 neighborhood gardens
- 43 Parks
- 9000 Mosques
Using of 72 of local tree species which are able to survive in the Riyadh environment
Maximize use of recycled water in irrigation works by increasing its usage from 90.000 cubic meter per day now to more than 1 million cubic meter per day in the future, by establishing a new recycled water network
The Riyadh Green project is one of the most ambitious urban forestation projects in the world. Today Riyadh is a thriving city in the desert and you can feel the desert all around you. Using 7.5 million trees, this project will change Riyadh forever with every road, street, park and public place becoming part of the green oasis. Behind the scenes, a vast new network for water recycling is being created, which will enable this project to become a reality.
- The project works on reducing temperature by 2 Celsius degrees during summer season.
- The project is aiming to reduce under shade, radiant temperatures for 8 to 15 Celsius degrees in selected locations across the city.
- Green Riyadh Project contributes to improving the quality of air by reducing C02 percentage from 3% to 6% , and increase the ratio of oxygen
- The project aims to reduce the percentage of dust in the air
- Reduce power consumption by 650 gigawat/hour during a year, by encouraging the principles of Green Building techniques that use green ceilings and walls.
- Improving Riyadh capacity for handling rainwater, and minimize the impact of floods.
- Improve the urban landscape of Riyadh
- Encourage citizens of Riyadh to follow healthy transit methods moving around the citynby usng healthy methods such as cycling and walking.
- Maintain natural zones, and increase biological diversity inside and around the city.
- Improve quality of life and increase the city’s ranking in the world’s top 100 cities
- The project will contribute a SAR 71 billion ROI to the city by 2030, through a reduction of healthcare expenses and electricity consumption, by increasing real estate value and using drinking water wisely by replacing it by recycled water for irrigation.
- Provide new investment opportunities for the private sector in the areas of nurseries, horticulture, afforestation, garden design and irrigation.
- Achieving some of the Kingdom’s vision 2030 goals by achieving environmental sustainability and build a vital community that enjoys a healthy lifestyle, qas well as improving economic efficiency in the city.
- Achieving some of National Transformation Program goals, including: increasing the percentage of green spaces, reducing wasted water percentages, improving efficiency of the flood drainage network, and increasing the percentage of green spaces and national park for each inhabitant. Additionally, raising the percentage of using recycled water.
- Contribution in achieving the goals of “Quality of Life program” by making open areas for social communication, participating in sports, and increasing the percentage of walks for individuals.